- 4 cups water
- 1 6-ounce bag of fresh spinach
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- 1 15-ounce can of cannellini beans, unsalted
- 1 14-ounce can of artichoke hearts, unsalted (or frozen)
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 3 ounces cream cheese, low fat
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup + 4 tablespoons mozzarella cheese, shredded, low fat, low sodium
- In a medium saucepan, boil 4 cups water. Prepare an ice bath in a large bowl. When water comes to a boil, add spinach and basil in small batches and cook for about 30 seconds. Remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to the ice bath to stop the cooking process and retain a vibrant green color. Squeeze as much water out of the spinach and basil as possible (squeeze excess liquid over a mug and drink if you like…it's full of nutrients!).
- In a food processor, combine cooked greens, cannellini beans, artichoke hearts, garlic, cream cheese, sea salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl and fold in a ½ cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Fill 4-ounce ramekins with dip mixture and top each with a sprinkle of remaining cheese.
- Bake for about 5-10 minutes or until the cheese on top is brown and bubbly.
- Serve with pita chips or fresh veggies.
- For a cold dip, simply combine beans, artichoke hearts, garlic, sea salt, pepper, spinach and basil.
- Servings: 10 (4 ounces Per Serving)